slide

Camera is a responsive/adaptive slideshow. Try to resize the browser window
It uses a light version of jQuery mobile, navigate the slides by swiping with your fingers
It's completely free (even though a donation is appreciated)
Camera slideshow provides many options to customize your project as more as possible
It supports captions, HTML elements and videos.

Monday, March 21, 2016

An Unexpected Green Smoothie

Hello everyone,
I trust you had a restful weekend and are ready for an awesome new week.
I'm starting off this week with this very unexpected green smoothie. At least everyone I know is trying to eat healthy or adopt some healthy living life style or something along those lines, well smoothies are a great place to start. We all hear every now and then they say, "eat more fresh fruits and veggies" bla bla bla, personally sometimes I get tired of chewing and chomping on fruits all the time, well good thing we can now drink our fruit and veggies! YAAAY!!!

Generally smoothies are per ones discretion, what ever fruit combos appeal to you and tastes good would usually be blended together with some sort of liquid i.e milk, water, juice etc, in my opinion some fruits don't go together in smoothies, like, watermelon and papaya(pawpaw). However, green smoothies incorporates fresh leafy greens that are packed with fiber, vitamins and a lot of good stuff. My favorite green to use in my smoothie is kale, I've tried spinach and a few other herbs like mint, parsley etc, only kale really appealed to my travelling taste buds. Since returning, I could only find kale in some fancy fruit and veggie market in VI that a friend told me about, plus that's a journey from my residence so I decided to give our dear famous ugwu leaf a try. Ugwu is the leaf of a particular type of pumpkin grown in Nigeria.
I had heard about adding fresh ugwu to smoothies but I was skeptical, after finally giving it a try, I loved it like I love Kale, I think this may be because of Its similar fibrous texture and earthy taste.

So here is my unexpected green smoothie

-Mango
-Apples
-Banana
-Fresh ugwu
-My homemade coconut milk 
-Ice cubes

Step1- Chop up all your fruits removing mango skins and the banana skin which i'm sure you know to do. You don't need to peel the apple, just take out the seeds and core. Make sure to have the same proportion for all the fruits and the fresh ugwu so that you would get a good balance in the taste. However, just note that the more of 1 fruit in proportion to the others, the more the smoothie will taste like that fruit.
Step2- Add everything in a blender, the amount your liquid, in my case my homemade coconut milk, will determine how thick or loose you want the smoothie.
Step3- Blend to a very smooth consistency and enjoy!
I hope you try this soon and let me know what you think!
Peace!

1 comment: