slide

Camera is a responsive/adaptive slideshow. Try to resize the browser window
It uses a light version of jQuery mobile, navigate the slides by swiping with your fingers
It's completely free (even though a donation is appreciated)
Camera slideshow provides many options to customize your project as more as possible
It supports captions, HTML elements and videos.

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Chinese Shrimp Fried Rice!


In case you don't see me here, just know i'm queuing up for fuel... *rolling my eyes*
I trust everyone is doing great, where ever you are just know things will only get better, encourage yourself, at least that's what I do. If you have no idea what i'm talking about, just google the situation of the Nigerian economy.



Let's talk about this Shrimp fried rice, today I was so busy, I didn't even have time for breakfast, I just eat something on the go, so in the course of the day, I was meeting up with someone really briefly at Oriental hotel and as I got there, they had a spread of different Chinese dishes, but I had to leave. Oh well, no hard feelings, I left with an inspiration to make mine! Let me also add that, that is one of the goals of my blog, to inspire you to try out these international dishes that seem like you can only get them at a restaurant, you can make those meals for so much less than you would pay.

I have a recipe for Chinese chicken fried rice, but this is a shrimp version made in a different country... lol. I'll also tell you the main ingredients you cannot substitute to be able to get that Asian distinct flavor.

I used
- Basmati rice; cooked and cooled
- Fresh Shrimp
- Eggs
- Carrot
- Green peas or beans
- Spring onion
- Onion
- Garlic
- Sesame oil
- Soy sauce
- Oyster sauce (optional)
- Salt
- Black pepper

Steps:
1. Cook the rice, a day before preferable, you want to make sure the rice is cold or cooled, definitely not hot. In my case, I didn't get a chance to make the rice a day before or hours before so i just put the cooked hot rice in a large tray so it could get cooled quickly, which it did.
2. Defrost the shrimp if frozen like mine was and get s much of the water out of it.
3. Lightly fry the eggs with oil. make sure its not brown or burnt or scrambled, then cut into thin strips.
4. Chop carrots, green beans, spring onion, onion and garlic.
5. In a wok or large pan, p.s you need a pan with a large surface area so that the rice fries and not steams. Add 1TBsp of oil, add onion and cook until softened, add garlic. once fragrant add the shrimp and cook for 1.5 mins till pink/cooked, add a pinch of salt and black pepper.
6. Add carrots and green beans, saute for 2 mins then add 2tsp of oyster sauce or soy sauce, add the egg and a healthy drizzle of the sesame oil, cook for 1 min.
7, Add the rice, now season with a pinch salt, 1tsp of oyster sauce, 2TBsp of soy sauce, 2tsp of sesame oil and keep steering on high for about 2mins.
8. Serve and Enjoy.






I hope you try this!
Peace...

3 comments:

  1. Well done Lola👍Can't wait to make this as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww... thank you so much Kemi, I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete