slide

Camera is a responsive/adaptive slideshow. Try to resize the browser window
It uses a light version of jQuery mobile, navigate the slides by swiping with your fingers
It's completely free (even though a donation is appreciated)
Camera slideshow provides many options to customize your project as more as possible
It supports captions, HTML elements and videos.

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Why I hate baking...baked goods galore!


Maybe hate is too much of a strong word, lets just say 
am not really into baking...lol, over the last few weeks I have tried to recreate Laura Vitale's honey oat bread and palmier cookies and Ina Graten's lemon yoghourt cake.
 For me baking is usually a hit or miss, don't get me wrong I love eating baked goods, what do I not like to eat anyway...hehehe, lets talk about why I am not really into baking.

Generally I like easy and simple, with baking there is so much of measure this, do not over mix that, the yeast can die or live but never resurrect...pre-heat the oven, which I always forget to do...and bla bla bla. The strict list of baking do's and don'ts goes on and on depending on what recipie and technique being used.


I have made the very easy no knead bread in the past and it always comes out great, of course its fuss free and requires no knead, so anyway... I wanted to try this one, I am not sure what I did wrong apart from the fact that I slept off as it baked and it over baked and became so dry... #somad

   
This lemon yoghurt cake looks delicious and moist, in fact it was perfect, didn't burn or stick to the pan, all was well until my wack technique messed it all up #shedsatear, so from the recipe I followed, I was supposed to make a lemon syrup/glaze and pour over the top, which I did, but I felt like the cake became wet instead of moist...while others liked it, I thought I could do better, its either the glaze was too thin or I poured too much, sincerely I think it was both...lol
 #whew #thestruggle

I love palmier cookies, I always buy them from Costco. 
I am the kind of person that will rather try to make a meal than go to a restaurant to buy it, 
#fyi #iliketoeatoutsometimes
as soon as I found out these babies where easy peasy, I decided to try it. All went well in terms of prep in fact super easy and straight to the point, but I didn't have parchment paper 
so I used foil and I think i left it too long too so it burned #sosad and then it kinda tasted funny too. 
#hmmm #amjusttired


Well, these are some blunders I have made due to all the many rules of baking, I have concluded that as much as cooking generally requires patience baking requires extra patience and attention which I do not generally have, but I am trying. I am not stopping now, I will keep trying and if I can you can too.

XOXO...

No comments:

Post a Comment